Sunday, August 11, 2013

Back in Korea

We're back in Seoul, and it's good to be back. While unpacking, I cleaned out the kids dressers and set aside 2 big bags of clothes that were too small for the kids. It turns out I wasn't the only one with things to get rid of. I talked with some other moms and we decided to have a swap/exchange party. Everyone brought their things to our friend Jen's apartment and went through things and collected what we could use.
This is what comes with the second year: the ability to know how to throw a party. A year ago, I would have wandered aimlessly in the grocery not knowing what to offer. But this year, I knew exactly what to put out on the table for a nice, light brunch...not that I did this myself, Jen supplied about 70% of the food. But this year I was actually able to contribute.

mmmm brunch
 We put things in each room and then shopped around.


While we were having our time shopping and chatting, some of the dads took all the kids to the playground.


Grace and a dragonfly


This was a great way to spend our last day of summer vacation for the year. The girls start 1st grade tomorrow and August will be in Pre-Kindergarten ("PK") at my school (KIS Seoul Campus). Starting a second year has definitely been easier than moving here last year, obviously, but there's much less "adventure" to that. This means that we will be making our own adventure this year. This may include: the wedding dress cafe, the toilet museum, the Hello Kitty cafe and it will include the G Dragon concert at the end of the month. We'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment